ExtenderRegular price $9.95 Save $0.00
- Makes Fusion Mineral Paint and other water based paints flow more smoothly
- Reduces brush and roller marks
- Reduces wear on spray guns
- Cure time may increase depending on how much Extender is added.
- This eco friendly version does not add additional VOC’s!
Mix 1/4 a bottle (15ml) – 1/2 a bottle of Extender (30ml) together with a pint. 1 bottle is good for to 2-4 pints. Adding more is not recommended as it will impact your drying and curing time.
Soap and water.
Prep your piece as you would to paint with Fusion Mineral Paint. Clean your piece with TSP and give it a light scuff sand.
Once mixed with Fusion Mineral Paint, apply paint as usual. You will notice a longer open drying time, thus giving you time to work with the paint and smooth out brush strokes. Once your first coat fully dries, apply a subsequent coats as needed. We recommend waiting at least 4 hours between coats when using the Extender. Should you notice that applying your second coat is lifting off the first, either too much extender was used, or it needs more time to dry and cure before applying another coat.
60ml, 2 oz.
Recommended ratio of 15 mL per pint (500 mL) of paint.
Using too much of this product will increase drying time substantially, but also increases cure time. Add maximum 10% of original paint volume.
- Add no more than 10% extender into your paint for a flawless finish.
- Just add a quarter bottle or half a bottle, to 1 Pint of Fusion Mineral Paint for a super smooth brush stroke free finish!