Harvest Meal ?? : Russian Chicken, Minute Rice, Parmesan Pan Fried Zuchinni and Mixed Garden Salad
So, first off... I thought I'd get rid of the Counting of our Harvest Meals... I can tell you honestly I've done more than 3 meals so far this year!! But I cannot post everyday, because it would defintely mess up our pretty insta grid lol!!
Last night we had one of my husband's favorites!! Which makes it my favorite because it is SO EASY!
A little history on myself and me becoming the Harvest Chef at the Sinclair Farm....
I started dating my husband at the age of 20, and was married pretty early, well these days early. I was 23, and at that point I basically lived off of Kraft Dinner, Ramen, Sandwhiches, Frozen Pasta Entree's and the odd Greek Salad (<- this is no lie, I did not cook!!). Very rarely did I eat meat, or basically anything of nutritional value (thank you 20 year old body's matabolism!!). This was not because I didn't like meat, but I was honestly afraid to cook it. I didn't want to poison anybody! So, when my husband realized he hooked up with a real 'winner', he basically took over the cooking duties, and slowly taught me along the way. In the slow, calming nature only a farmer could of course.
There was a pretty funny story that was told about my 'cooking' abilities at our Wedding Reception, which sums up my kitchen experience at the time. This will of course wait until another day, when I share the exact meal I made to create the mix up! I've come a long way since then, believe me!
Skip ahead 1 year into our relationship, and I was promoted to Harvest Meal Cook. I was freaking out to say the least! While I lounged around at home I guess everybody was sick of eating sandwhiches when they were working their butts off in the field (my Mother In-Law included in that).
Around this time, my Mother In-Law gave me this recipe. She basically rattled it off, which she knew by heart. I was amazed she could just repeat a recipe without looking it up, as I was a 'Recipe cook', and did not venture far from being a 'Recipe cook'. So I knew I had big shoes to fill!! Since then, I have also remembered this super easy less than 5 ingredient meal, so here goes:
Russian Chicken, Minute Rice, Parmesan Pan Fried Zuchinni and Mixed Garden Salad
Note: Wasn’t quick enough for a pic, so hopefully you enjoy the after as much as our crew enjoyed the before!!
Prep Time : 1 1/4 hour Cook Time : 45 minutes
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. bottle of Russian dressing
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Rice, I just use minutes Rice and follow directiosn on box
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish.
- Mix the dressing, jam, and dry onion soup mix together.
- Pour the dressing mix over the top of the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.
This meal can get your oven pretty messy by bubbling over!! I always put my casserole dish onto a large cookie sheet to catch any spills. Because there are ALWAYS spills with this one!
Parmesan Roasted Zuchinni
Prep Time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 15 minutes
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice zucchini about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Toss veggies to coat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, to medium high heat, add zhichinni, oile and herb mixture to hot pan.
- Flip until coated, cooking and flipping for 15 minutes, or until zhichinni is no longer hard.
- Liberally cover with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve ince cheese has melted.
Leave a comment