It's true, we are all busy, we are all here there and everywhere and we definitely do not hav time to sit a make a meal last minute! That's why I LOVE make ahead meals, instead of making everything the hour before suppertime.
I love using my crock pot on days I'm working, and these sales love to marinate plus puff wheat cake lasts for days... or does it?!?
This recipe is kind of a little of this a little of that, and a little more of those! I don't really measure anything out, but guesstimate depending on what size of crock pot I'm using and how many I'm feeding. So bare with me!
Chicken Thighs (breast work too)
Pre-Packaged Chicken Gravy
Salt & Pepper
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Chop potatoes and cover bottom of crock pot.
- Chop Onion, place over Potatoes.
- Chop Carrots, place layer over Potatoes & Onion
- Cut Chicken into bit-size pieces, place over vegetables. Season with Salt & Pepper
- Make Chicken Gravy according to package. The kind I use, is just boil 1 cup of water and stick in powder until thickened. Pour over Chicken & Vegetables.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-6 hours on High.
- Store in Frozen Peas last Half hour of Cooking.
I usually serve with Dinner Rolls, and Enjoy!
Prep: 20 minutes Chill 2+ hours Makes: 12-16 side servings
1 cup Mayonaise
1/2 cup Raisins or Craisins
1/4 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
7 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets, chopped
2 Apples, chopped
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Bacon Bits, I use the real pre-made bacon bits
- In a large bowl combine Mayonnaise, Raisins, Red Onion, Sugar Vinegar.
- Add Broccoli and Apple and stir to coat.
- Cover and Chill in the fridge for 2+ hours.
- Before serving stir in Sunflower Seeds and Bacon Bits.
Prep: 15 minutes Chill 4+ Hours Makes: 6 side dishes
1/2 cup Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Dill
Pepper to taste
1 Large Cucumber, peeled cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/3 cup Onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl combine Sor Cream, Vinegar, Salt, Dill and Pepper.
- Add Cucumber and Onion, toss to coat.
- Cover & Chill for 4+ hours, stirring Occasionally before serving.
Lorie Poulter's Puffed Wheat Cake
" She always said hers was better than mine, so here it is..." - Miss Nancy
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Margarine
1/3 cup Corn Syrup
3 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
9 cups Puffed Wheat
- Boil first 4 ingredients for 2.5 minutes.
- Add Vanilla and pour over puffed wheat.
- Press down into a greased 9x13 pan.