Beetroot latte, which is also known as red velvet latte (usually made with coffee), is a delicious creamy drink made with milk, freshly cooked beetroot, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. It’s a wonderful alternative to coffee in the mornings or to enjoy it as a warm pretty drink.
The beetroot gives this homemade latte a very beautiful red-pink color, which is, by the way, the reason why this drink is also called red velvet latte. I love to make this vegan latte with freshly cooked beetroot for a very nutritious and rich drink. It’s almost like a hot smoothie, isn’t that awesome?!
How To Make Beetroot Latte
This beetroot recipe is very easy to make in only 10 minutes.
- Blend cashew milk with cooked beetroot and all the spices in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Let it simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the flavor is fully developed.
- You can use your preferred milk for this recipe.
- Substitute the coconut sugar with honey or agave syrup.
- Add one teaspoon of raw cacao powder if you are a chocoholic.
- Only take half the amount of beetroot for a lighter drink or substitute it with beetroot powder or beetroot juice.
- If you are a chocoholic like me, add one tablespoon of raw cacao powder.
- This beetroot latte is very nutritious due to the high amount of used beetroot. If you prefer a lighter version of it, half the amount of used beetroot in the recipe.
- Substitute the cooked beetroot with beetroot powder or beetroot juice.