This one, believe it or not, does not have an actual recipe!! Which is totally out of my comfort zone!! So fair warning all information is a guesstimate. I've cooked this so many times I personally just 'know' what's up...
I originally had this in Edmonton at my Sister-In-Laws house one night. She is now pretty much vegan and zero sugar, but at the time didn't eat Red Meat and... maybe a couple of other things, but I don't know 100%... She also was combing a couple of different recipes as she was making it as well, so it's kind of a mix N' Match. But being lasagne it's pretty basic.
Turkey, Turmeric, Zucchini Lasagne
Prep Time : No clue, maybe half hour?? Bake Time : 45 Minutes - 1 Hour
Makes : 1 x 9x13 or 3 Loaf Pans
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- Turmeric, to Taste and then some more
- Oregano, to Taste
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 x 14oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 x 5oz can Tomato Paste
- 4 Zucchini, thinly sliced to resemble lasagne noodles
- Lasagne Noodles
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 3 cups, Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Heat large Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add Olive Oil to coat pan. Add Ground Turkey and start to brown/become white.
- Once Turkey starts to turn white add Garlic and Onions.
- Once Garlic becomes fragrant, onions turn translucent and Turkey is no longer pink. Sprinkle Turmeric & Oregano seasoning to cover. Stir the mixture and add more turmeric, and stir again. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add Diced Tomatoes, and Tomato Paste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take Your pan and layer the following, until full, then top with mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese:
- Meat Mixture
- Lasagne Noodle
- Ricotta/Cottage Cheese
- Once ready and the pan is full of layers, cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Like I said! This recipe has no recipe, so play around and add whatever you'd like. I'm sure it could add more spices, but we like it just the way it is!