So, I, wihtout thinking, offered all my Harvest Meals to be posted! Honestly Why did I do this?!?
I am by no means a chef, like AT ALL!
I am NOT fancy, AT ALL!
I don't really have time to cook, work, drive and blog AT ALL!!
And... I quit trying to impress my Farm crew LONG Ago...
But here goes...
Full Disculosure, these are not my own recipes. They come from Pinterest, Cookbooks, Family Members, etc... So I am literally just the messenger.
Fair Warning : Do not get your hopes up! Can you tell, I'm not into this lol, and don't really hve the confidence to actually be posting about cooking?!?
Meal #1 : Cuban Sliders, Mexican Street Corn Casserole & Sunshine Broccoli Salad
My crew gave this a 6 /10, but 1 of them doesn't really love Ham, the another doens't eat Ham
Prep Time : 15 minutes Bake Time : 25 minutes
Makes : 12 buns
- 24 pack of Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package of sliced ham lunch meat
- 1 package of 8 slices of swiss cheese
- dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease 9×13 baking pan
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half removing the top and placing the bottom of the rolls in the baking pan. Layer the meat, cheese, and pickles. Place the top of the rolls on top.
- Whisk together the butter and the dijon mustard. Add in the minced onion (could also grate onion if you don’t want the minced onion chunks!) and stir. With a spoon pour the dijon spread over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the sliders with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the rolls are a toasted brown.
- Cut the sliders and remove from the baking pan. Enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn Casserole
Prep Time : 5 minutes Cook Time : 30 minutes
Makes : 8 Servings
- 3 cans kernel corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
- 1 cup queso fresco grated or crumbled
- Cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350˚F
Pour the corn into a large casserole dish. Mix in the mayo, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and half of the queso fresco until combined.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and the sides begin to bubble.
Sprinkle the remaining queso fresco over the casserole and top with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Sunshine Broccoli Salad
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Makes : 4-6 Servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, (about 2 medium heads)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 large apples, finely chopped (I used gala apples)
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Creamy dressing ingredients:
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, apples, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.