Well it's been a moment since I've been in charge of Harvest Meals, but I'm Back! And believe it or not I actually missed it! Who Knew?!?!
Once again as a reminder I am no Chef, but want to keep track of what my go to's are, and give ideas on WHAT to cook. Whether it's Everyday, Harvest Meals, Back to School, On-The-Go Lifestyles, Freezer Friendly or whatever take what you will out of it and of course Enjoy!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Creamy, Cheesy, and of Course Comforting! Loaded with Flavour, Ranch Chicken, Alfredo Sauce And Bacon - YUM!
Serves : 4 | Prep: 15 min. | Cook Time : 45 Min. | Total : 1 Hour
4 Slices Bacon, diced (I used 1/2 cup Real Bacon Bits)
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cut into 1 inch Chunks
1 Tbs. Alice Oil
1 Tbs. Ranch Seasoning
1 Cup Rotini Pasta
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 Tbs. Fresh Parsley, chopped
For Homemade Alfredo Sauce: (you can always use pre-mixed)
2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Cup Heavy Cream, or more taste
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x9 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the alfredo sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag, add chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil and Ranch Seasoning, shaking to coat thoroughly. Add chicken to the skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Add pasta to the prepared baking dish and layer with chicken and alfredo sauce; sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired. Or can be frozen, just take out night before or morning of to help thaw a bit.
A simple, classic Broccoli Salad recipe that serves as a great fast side dish for any party or potluck. Made with bacon, cranberries, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese and a homemade dressing, this is one of my favorite side dishes and it can be prepped in under fifteen minutes!
Serves : 8 | Prep: 10 min. | Chill Time : 1 Hour
5 - 6 Cups Broccoli
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded, or I like to cube mine
2/3 Cup Dried Craisins
1/2 Cup Bacon Bits
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Red Onion, Diced
3/4 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Tbs. White Wine Vinegar
3 Tabs. Sugar
Salt & Pepper
- Combine broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, carisins, bacon, sunflower seeds and onion in a Large Bowl.
- In separate, small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli combination and toss or stir well.
- Broccoli Salad may be served immediately, but for best flavour refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Make sure to toss broccoli salad thoroughly before serving.