Press board to Barn Board in under an Hour...
I love real wood texture, however some pieces just don’t have it!
Here’s I’ll show you how easy it is to create a faux wood texture on almost any surface!
I found two junky old particle board tables. They looked just like this one, only with damaged edges and scratches.
Now these tables are a really nice size, plus they stack, so space saving too. I knew I could do something spectacular with them.
Never one to shy away from a challenge, I actually refinished my table LIVE on air! Yes, truly! In front of over 100,000 people I created the stunning finish I am sharing with you today.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST:
- Little Stork, from Tones For Tots™.
- Putty, from the Penney & Co. Collection.
- Embossing Smooth
- A Wood Graining Tool, from hardware and craft stores.
- Paper Towel
- Paper Plate
- Paint stick
I am so excited to share this. One thing to note, you can, if you wish, stop after dry brushing, but I do love the depth and age that the Black Wax brings to the game.
So, in just 4 simple steps, is what I did.
- Prep your item with a good clean, and a light sand.
- Paint a coat of Fusion™ Mineral Paint in Putty.
- Allow to dry to the touch.
- If it is a little thin, add more Sandstone. You want the consistency of frosting. Roughly paint a thin layer all over the newly dried paint surface.
- Following the instructions on your Wood Graining Tool, drag it through the mix. It is a good idea to practice first on some scrap card.
- Allow to dry.
- Once the Embossing Smooth is dry, apply a very light coat of Little Stork, using a dry brush technique. Use kitchen paper to take paint off your brush and use a very light hand.
- If you are applying a stencil, now is the time to do it.
Finish, if desired, with a coat of Furniture Wax – Black
, apply with a brush or lint free cloth, pushing the wax into all the grooves and ridges you have created. Wipe away any excess.
- If you added too much wax, you can control it and remove it using our Furniture Wax – Clear
- You are all done. I told you it was easy!
So give it a go. I am so delighted with my curb side finds. They look as though they came from a high end interiors store with a price to match!
This blog post was created and originally posted by: